Monday, March 26, 2007

The insult


27th..days are getting longer, the day is getting sooner. Oh F*%$, I forgot to pay my internet bill. Isn't that the worst? I get paid on the 25th and my bill is due two days later. I realize I could just save some money for when I get it, but...meh.

I insulted my friend in a strange way the other day, it was meant just as a joke, but she took a little offense. I called her a 'tourist.' Is she really a tourist? Am I still a tourist? Why is that so insulting anyway? See the sights, learn enough of the language to order beer, take some pictures, have some fun. Tourist, no? As bad as my Japanese is, I feel as though I've moved beyond most of those things. I study, I work on my calligraphy, I work harder because I feel terrible when I teach a crappy lesson, I can be HELLA indirect, to just name a few things.

Where all this is going is back to my decision. Am I thinking about staying for touristy reasons, or is it something else? If my reasons are the former, is that so bad? Maybe I just like it here, and I want to stay a bit longer before this exciting part of my life is over. It's late, I need some sleep.

Rome, the best show ever, is over.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do what your heart tells you.

We all miss the shit out of you, though

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home