Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sicky McSick Sick

Well, I was really sick over the weekend. I guess I was sick longer than that, but the weekend is when being sick hurts the most...'cause you can't do what you want. On Friday I took my first sick-day in Japan, or half sick-day. I went in, taught one class, started loosing my voice and my bosses decided saving what was left of my voice for Saturday was more...economical. I agreed with this as well seeing I teach more students on Saturday than Friday night. I mean, who wants to come to an English class on Friday night?

Quite a few people, that's who.

So that killed my snowboarding plans for the weekend, seeing as I was trapped in my shoe box all struggling the speak and breathe (I'm a weezer).



Then, my new(ish) neighbour Tabby messaged me and told me there was a festival in my neighbourhood!!! Perfect timing. I figured it was the festival for Bishamondai Temple on the mountain where I run, so I had to go out. At the bottom of the mountain there were lots of little food vendors and stuff set up and lots of families walking around. I was very sick, so I walked very slowly and tried not to make eye contact in-case I saw someone I knew. Anyway, here's a picture of part of the temple from a while ago. I never made it up to the temple, seeing it's a good 45 minute walk...uphill. It's a really nice run...when I have full control of my lung power.

Anyway, I walked around for about half an hour and then headed back to sit in the warmth of my stuffy apartment. What a weekend. :/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home