Friday, January 19, 2007

Snowboarding

This past Monday, I went snowboarding for my first time. It seems strange being from Canada and having my first experience being here in Japan. However, it was pretty cool. I've been skiing before, and I'm now too bad at it, or at least I wasn't. (I haven't been in about 5 years) It takes ankle strength that is similar to skating...but snowboarding is a totally different game. I think that one summer of wake boarding at Camp Walden did nothing for me. I was on my ass every 20 seconds.

The worst was when I was trying to ride on the toes side of my board...and I'd fall backward down the hill and smoke my tail bone and head in the same fall.

Seeing I have a snowboard and boots now I'm pretty invested in this, so I have to keep at it. I won't be able to go for a couple weeks 'cause I working crazy overtime next week. From 9-5 I'm teaching tax officers to help people with their taxes in English, then, I head back to my branch school to work finish up my day with my regular classes until 9.

Not to mention I have to prepare everything in advance.

snowboarding is cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home