Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Work these days have been nuts. Generaly, we use our own company books in our classes, which is nice 'cause they have dialoges, homework, listening exercises, ect.. The teaching structure we follow is pretty strict, but I think it's pretty good. The only problem is that sometimes it doesn't feel like teaching because you just have to follow a formula.

However, there are these kind of new classes we've added at our school. Grammar in Use.

(shutter)

The book is big, heavy, grey, and it's full of homework. Only homework. So it takes me about a full two hours to prepare one of these lessons because I have to make everything...from the homework.

So yesterday I put a solid two hours into one of my classes, and the class went really well. Now that sucks. 'cause I was thinking 'if this class doesn't go so well, maybe I don't need to put so much time into it.' But no, it went really well. So I'm cursed with working this hard until doomsday. Or quitting day. Whatever comes first.

On a higher note, it totaly feels like real teaching. silver lining I guess.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just as soon as you think you've taught and prepped all the G.I.U. books, they're totally going to add "E" with one student... that cancels... 11 minutes before class.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home