Wednesday, October 11, 2006

No one's watching my back...

It feels like the safety net is totally gone. No one is me watching anymore.

My head teacher, Lyu Sensei, a veteran of about 5 years at the company, has left. My manager, Yumi, of about the same, has also left. Now those two knew their shit. Although I've been here a while, I have always felt like they had an eye on me. On everything for that matter. Lyu was always prodding with loaded questions to make sure I'm getting everything done. Yumi always knew what I needed to do, how much time I needed and what I could do in how much time.

Now they're just gone. Yayoi, our new manager had been working as an assistant manager for about three years. I think she'll be a great manager, but she has her hands full and has no time to worry about me. And Naoko, our new head teacher is so sweet, but she has more important things to look out for what I'm doing.

It's a strange feeling. If I don't do things correctly, no one will notice-at least not for like 6 months.

Now the question....do I work hard or take a 6 month metal vacation...

3 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Kenny said...

Do ya think they'd notice if you came back to Canada for six months?

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take the "six month metal holiday". Listen to nothing except Iron Maiden and shake those fools up!

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Derek
I think there might be something wrong with your hotmail address. I can't seem to send you any mail. I was just wondering if you know yet what day you are coming home? I want to make sure I am not working the entire time.
Karen

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home