Wednesday, August 23, 2006

No money, no honey.


Damn! I am so broke. And this really, really isn't my fault. It's ok, payday the day after tomorrow. For the folks in North America, that's three days from yesterday, for me. ehhhhh....

Ok, This all began during my trip. Well, before my trip actually.

Tony my friend, you suck.

The dude has a degree in comp-eng, and can't manage numbers what-so-ever. He spent way to much money earlier in the month, and took about 30 000 Yen on the trip with him. (just take away two zeros to the price in $$)

Japan is expensive. And I mean EXPENSIVE. It's just sneaks up on you...I've heard many people tell me they must have lost money on a trip cause they can't account for a big chunk of it. I'm betting they got smashed and forgot what they spent it on, or just the rising sun got to their wallet.

So I took 50 000 with me, and I had about another 30 000 in the bank if I needed it. I figured I might need another 10 000, and I did. However, Tony needed more than that. Even Ron needed a little. Knowing I had a 10 000 Yen gas bill waiting at home, I was trying to be conservative. But alas, had I not had dove deep into my funds, Tony might still be somewhere on Kyushu.

So in the end, I had to feed both Tony and Ron for the last day, buying food at 7/11. Tony owes me 15 000+ and I had no money for my gas bill. When I got back to Hiroshima, the gas company had called and gave me to the 20th to pay my bill or bye-bye to hot water and cooking.

:(

I had to borrow money myself in the end to pay that. Next trip I take with Tony, I'm taking his trip money AS SOON AS HE GETS PAID.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home