Thursday, August 17, 2006

Ocean Dome

Ok, I have to get to the Ocean Dome first while it's still fresh on my brain. I when I say fresh I mean I can't get it off. Now this place...THIS PLACE....holy shit I don't know where to start. It's kind of like what Paradise would be like if it were written by Japanese people who were obsessed with playing The Sims.

Think of a beautiful beach...nice sun, sand, a nice blue sky, no stinky rotting seaweed around, no one trying to sell you crap or steal your stuff....then, they turn on the wave machine.

I'm torn about this place: it's beautiful, fun, clean, and warm. And it's only 200 meters away from a real beach! To me it's a big figurative middle finger waving itself at mothernature, God, the ocean, and the whole earth in general.

"WE DON'T NEED YOUR DAMN OCEAN! WE MADE OUR OWN!!!!!!! " (insert evil laughter)

I have some sweet pics but they don't seem to want to upload right now. So here you go:

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_sep2005/Manmade_Japan_Beach.htm

You have to go there. I think Tony, Ron, and I stayed there for about 6 hours, just getting in and out of the ocean (pool?). There were families, and even a sort of Mighty Morphing Power Rangers show going on. I had no idea what was happening. If you EVER go to Japan, this place is little out of the way, but it's totaly worth it.

d.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home