Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Back home.

Back in Midorii, safe and sound. I just got back from my summer vacation, and it was pretty rad. The island of Kyushu is a really really cool place. I'd really like to live in Kagoshima of Miyazaki...both are on the beach, the weather is nice, and the pace is just a little slower than here in Hiroshima. Jeez, Tokyo would just kill me then.

Tony, Ron, and I took trains, busses, and boats to get around. I have so many stories I don't know where to start. We were gone for five days (about) and we stayed hotels and ryokans.

A ryokan is a Japanese traditional lodging. Althouth that sounds really nice and cool, I think it's just a secret Japanese codeword for 'empty room without a shower.' There is usually a room full of sit-down showers in the basement, with a big hot bath next to it that everyone shares.

I have to say, that was pretty relaxing.

We went to Fukuoka, Shizuoka, Kagoshima, and Miyazaki. From this trip there are a few things I need to cover, and I will try to do so with photos over the next few days.

1 - the indoor beach
2 - tony's inability to grasp the concept of currency and how to use it
3 - all the small places

d.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Kenny said...

So Japan is considered home now?

:p

5:52 AM  
Blogger dw said...

Well, I guess where my bed is, is my home. I have my computer...and I can talk to you!

:P back at ya.

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home