Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I forgot baseball was boring.

That's where this is going. Baseball. Boring.

Let's go back to the beginning. I was Roka Sarah's birthday-her big thirty at that, so she invited a whole bunch of her friends and planned a big weekend. It was pretty sweet, we did about 2 hours of Karaoke, followed by dancing until about 4 or 5. New Tim, or 'newt' as he is becoming known, had a few too many and his party ended a little earlier.

I have to admit, Japanese karaoke is pretty cool. I think they have it right, and we, in the west, have it way way wrong (sorry Nancy). It's not about standing up in front of a bar and trying to show off, or getting hammered and then standing up, trying to show off, and untimely embarrassing yourself, it's about just singing with your friends. If you've seen 'Lost in Translation' - then you've seen a pretty good image of Japanese Karaoke. However, it's often much more pink, and fluffy, and Hello-Kitty-ish. Oh, and it's usually all-you-can-drink. :)

The next day I rolled out of bed onto the floor (I was sleeping on the floor, as I always do) at about 1:30 pm. And everyone from the night before slowly made it down to Carp Stadium to catch a game.

Now I'm glad I went, but I don't think I'll be going to a baseball game for a while. Besides, it was only 15 bucks. But HOLY CRAP after like two innings I was bored out of my mind. It you want to make baseball more exciting, just add hitting. And ice. And skates. And then rename it hockey.

I think possibly the only more boring sport in the world is Cricket.

Don't even get me started on Cricket.

Thanks for a great weekend Roka!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucas said...

Agreed. Cricket is boring. I've got my mother sending me hockey DVDs to ease the pain.

(Oh, and hi.)

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home