Friday, July 21, 2006

Students

When I think about my job, it isn't the money that makes me really stay. It's my students. The worst parts of my day at work are generally when I'm not teaching. Doing hours of prep and sorting through infinite Japanese paperwork in the office drives me nuts. Whether they are just learning, or producing some of the worst (and often funniest) sentences known to English ears, they are usually pretty great.

Back in January, I had all my students write 'English New Years Resolutions.' Here's a really sweet one:


(removed)

However, some people have good intentions but they come out sounding a little muffled:



I think leaving the names is ok, seeing they're not really their names. Just Roman representations of how their names sound.

Oh, and please read the post below this if you haven't yet and give me your thoughts.

d.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home