Sunday, October 08, 2006

Back online!



After about two weeks I finally have my monitor back. It's nice to be able to read 12 point font again. The only thing I could do with my computer for the past two weeks was play 'Call of Duty 2.' Although it's a great game, one can only shoot so many Germans (or Nazis I guess I should say) in a day.

But the more interesting news would be my marathon yesterday. Or my '10 kilometer' family run as some tools like to call it. My legs are so sore today. I can run 10k easily enough-I did it last week on Saturday morning before work. However this was up in the mountains--so damn, there were some hills. The race went something like this:

0-500 meters: straight uphill (lots of energy still)
500-2 kilometers: gradual slope up (easy enough)
2-6k: gradual slope down (easy enough, I should have ran faster)
6-8k: Steep slope up (HOLY CRAP KILL ME)
8-10: race to the finish. (not to bad)

All it all it was pretty sweet. I placed 80th in my class and finished in 57 minutes and 42 seconds.

Again, sorry for the blag.

Gotta go play Call of Duty.


d.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do realize that the "10k family run" will magically change nicknames when a certain tool runs it next month. I hate that guy.

6:46 AM  
Blogger dw said...

what a tool.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home