Monday, August 20, 2007

Old neighbours.

I've always admired the cars parked in the parking lot below my building. Although I don't really know anything about them, I can tell most of them are pretty damn nice. For a while there was even a Blazer. In Japan, that's a pretty flashy vehicle to drive. My place is small but nice, but the cars never seemed fit the neighbourhood.

A few moments ago I just figured it out.

I was parking my bike at the back when a car alarm went off. What? No big deal. Some girl I'd seen in the building before was playing with her remote starter thingy. A moment later a short, stalky, tough looking guy walked out toward her. Nothing new, I'd seen these two together before too.

Wait...something was very very new.

I'd seen him before, but never in a t-shirt and shorts. Although he was wearing a T-shirt and shorts, he was still wearing long sleeves and long pants. Follow? That is, he had FULL BODY TATTOOS. Down to his ankles, up to his wrists. In Japan, this mean only ONE thing. Yakuza. The Japanese Mafia. Tattoo are not very common in Japan. Especially among people over lets say 25 years old. And a full body tattoo means you are in the mob. Period.

I casually said 'konbonwa,' (good evening) smiled, and headed off to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home